Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Ports and national waterways
Ports, Shipyards and national waterways
- Paradeep port: [becoming a Shipyard?]
- Dhamara port
- Gopalpur: , [OSL likely to bag this: Business Standard, Dec3-05], [Orissa Stevedores picked: Telegraph, Feb26-06], [agreement signed]
- Jatadhari (near Paradeep): port for POSCO
- Other proposed ports:
- Chudamani, Ganjam
- Astaranga, Puri: 
- Ports news: [SREI].
- National waterway in Orissa: (East Coast Canal from Paradip to Haldia of length 623 km integrated ) [0:Hindu-14July05]; [PIB-May05] ; [map]; [Tech study]; [Policies]; ;[Indian Express; Aug 25 2006 cabinet approved]
- Editor's comment [July14'05]: Brahmani River crosses the South Eastern railway line at Jenapur which is 8 kms from Jakhapura where branchline goes to Daitari and on to Bansapani. Jajpur Keonjar Rd is another 7 kms away where one of the National highway [Panikoli-Keonjhar segment of 215] passes and 15 km upstream of Jenapur NH 200 [Chandikhol-Sukinda segment of 200] passes. The state government should connect NH 200 to Jenapur to NH 215, and plan to make Jenapur a major transporation hub, as it will be a unique location. Talcher is another possibility for a transportation hub. At Talcher the rail line, the waterway and NH 42 cross. While Talcher can be a transportation hub, Jenapur could be both a transportation hub as well as a tourism hub where cruis eships can stop.
- Waterways links: [Indian waterways authority of India]; [Important inland waterways in India:map]; [National waterway1:map]; [National waterway2:map]; [National waterway3:map]
- Riverlinking: [CM's order]