Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Airports and air connectivity in Orissa
- Bhubaneswar: Indian (schedule: daily flights to/from Kolkata [direct], Mumbai [from-via-Raipur,to-direct], Delhi [direct], and Bangalore[via-Chennai], Chennai [direct]), Air Sahara (network: direct daily flights to/from Hyderabad, Kolkata and Delhi), Air Deccan (schedule: two daily direct flights between BBSR and Kolkata and 6 times a week flight between BBSR and Delhi).
- More connectivity (planned connections): .
- Other airlines operating in India but no concrete plans yet for Bhubaneswar: Jet Airways , Air India, Kingfisher Air .
- New Indian budget airlines expected to launch during 2006: IndiGo (promoted by InterGlobe Enterprises); AirOne Feeder Airline (based in Bangalore); Magic Air; Indus Air; Easy Air; and Star Air. (more information)
- Airport plans: [Oct22-05-priority-BBSR-Shillong-Dimapur-Nagpur]
- Editor's comment, Sept 20'05: The private colleges in Orissa should get together with Infosys, Satyam etc. to establish free public wi-fi in Bhubaneswar airport and Bhubaneswar railway station. At this point, it might be a first for the country. It will distinguish Bhubaneswar, generate a lot of publicity, with software companies and airline companies taking notice of it.
- Rourkela: There is an airport to which Indian Airlines used to fly. Service to it needs to be reintroduced as soon as possible.
- Plans to develop Jharsuguda airstrip to a full-fledged airport: 
- A site for flight news with respect to India: Talking Tarmac